• Why do you charge a subscription price?
Programs on WFDU are public-funded and volunteer. I do this program because I LOVE this music, and I want to share it & keep it alive. For less than HALF the price of downloading one mp3 album, you will gain monthly access to over 60 archived programs of music which changes monthly and you won’t hear anywhere else (I can guarantee that because these recordings are all from my personal collection!!), and you will learn about the music & it’s history as well. A whole year’s subscription is less than the price of one private music lesson…and a whole lot more informative!
• What do I get when I become a member?
When you become a Member on this “Blues & the Beat” website, you immediately gain access to the loaded streaming archives (for the month or year, depending on your level of membership). You also gain full access to the historical pages I am creating (which include historical information, CD recommendations, photo galleries, video galleries and more) on all styles of blues & related American roots music styles, as well as be eligible for our monthly giveaway for CDs, t-shirts and other cool goodies.
• What do I need to enjoy the website & it’s content?
Most people with computers that aren’t too old (more than 6-7 years old, say) will be able to enjoy ALL of the content on this site with no problem – a good simple test is to see if the “Sample Streaming Archives” on the bottom of the Home page work. But if you want to make sure you can enjoy this website with the streaming archives and galleries included, you can check to make sure your computer is always kept up-to-date with software updates for Flash media players (Adobe Requirements here) and for streaming videos, which are as follows:
- Macromedia Flash Player 7.0+ plug-in
- Windows 2000 or higher with latest updates installed
- Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
- Firefox 1.1+, Internet Explorer 5.0+, or Safari 1.0+
- Broadband connection with 500+ Kbps ( a faster connection will enable to load archives & videos faster, a slower connection will mean you will have to to wait a little longer for content to load before playing)
• Does it automatically re-new?
Memberships on “Blues & the Beat” do not automatically re-new. We want to make sure you get what you ask for, but we will not charge you for more than you are willing to purchase without your approval. You can re-new yourself, either for the monthly or yearly membership levels (the yearly membership is discounted as well).
• What about my personal or payment info – is it safe?
All transactions for “Blues & the Beat” (as well as for BadAssHarmonica.com) are held on a safe & secure server, and we will never share any of your information with anyone else. We believe in and adhere to privacy for our customers & subscribers.